Around the World in 80 Words! is a feature I write for Dartford Living, a magazine based in Kent, UK. I look at a different part of the world and write 80 words (derived from the novel Around the World in Eighty Days) about it. In this post I write about Madrid:
Spain’s capital dates back to the 9th century, fusing an array of different cultures visible in its architecture and language. The Royal Palace is a must see, The Golden Triangle of Art houses three popular museums featuring Picasso’s Guernica and the nightlife is buzzing whilst theatre and opera fans are catered for at the Teatro Real and Auditorio Nacional de Musica. Real Madrid play at the impressive Bernabeu stadium and numerous fiestas take place in the city throughout the year!
- From Barcelona to Madrid through the “Spanish Tuscany” (covetotop.wordpress.com)
- Dreams of Madrid (gettingtotheend.wordpress.com)
- Vintage Shopping in Madrid (juliegilley.typepad.com)
- Not all work and no play – some fun on the side (sixpointnineme.wordpress.com)
- Juan Gris Spanish Cubist Artist Testifies to the Power of Novelty (segmation.wordpress.com)